Consequences of NATO bombing to be examined at the UN
28. Jun will mark the 20th anniversary of the NATO bombing of Yugoslavia with a new project which will explore the consequences of the bombing at the United Nations. 28. Jun will utilize its Special Consultative Status to chair two special sessions at the UN in New York and Geneva dealing with the effects on…Read More
28. Jun Meets Minister of Foreign Affairs Dacic
28. Jun held a very productive meeting with the Minister of Foreign Affairs and First Deputy Prime Minister of the Republic of Serbia Ivica Dacic in Belgrade today. We are thankful for his support of our humanitarian work and look forward to future cooperation.Read More
We Bought A House For the Majstorovic Family
To mark 3 years and 500 families helped since we started our ‘Help Serbian Families’ project, we bought the Majstorovic family a new home close to Sabac! The head of the household, Djuro Majstorovic, is a veteran of the war in Croatia, and had been unable to find a permanent home in Serbia for the…Read More
WE DID IT! 28. Jun Delivers Gifts to Children in Kosovo i Metohija!
We are thrilled to announce that 3 months after beginning the ‘Dogodine u Prizrenu’ project, we have successfully completed the gift giving portion with deliveries to Serbian enclaves in KiM on Savindan (Jan. 27)! Our teams in the Diaspora worked tirelessly since November to acquire gifts and our local teams in the Balkans spent the…Read More
Christmas Project Update: Deliveries to Krajina, Republika Srpska and Kosovo
After our delivery to Kursumlija last week, the Christmas present portion of our ‘Dogodine u Prizrenu’ project rolled on with thousands of gifts being distributed to children in the Knin and Kistanje municipalities in Krajina, Banja Luka in Republika Srpska and to Kosovska Mitrovica.Read More
Christmas Project in Full Swing: Huge Delivery to Kursumlija!
With YOUR help we were able to deliver Christmas gifts to 730 kids in Kursumlija and the surrounding villages yesterday! We delivered to two kindergartens and and a pre-school, with every child under the age of 10 in the municipality receiving a present. Kursumlija is one of the poorest towns in Serbia, and we were…Read More
28. Jun Breaks Blockade With Humanitarian Delivery to Kosovo!
28. Jun today became the first Serbian humanitarian organization to circumnavigate the blockade imposed by Kosovo authorities on food imports from Serbia. A truck filled with emergency food supplies sent by 28. Jun’s branch in Montenegro arrived to Kosovo today, where it was received by local 28. Jun members who immediately began to give out…Read More
28. Jun Holds Events on Every Continent
Humanitarian organization 28. Jun wrapped up a week of global Christmas fundraisers with events on each continent. As part of their ‘Dogodine u Prizrenu’ project, 28. Jun members held events in Toronto, Melbourne, Zurich, Johannesburg, Buenos Aires and Doha. The project received support from the Diaspora office of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Serbia…Read More
28. Jun Again Raises Kosovo Injustice at UN
28. Jun again raised the issue of discriminatory policies against Kosovo Serbs at the UN, this time at the United Nations Headquarters in New York. At a townhall planning session for the 68th United Nations Civil Society Conference, 28. Jun’s Masha Calic stated that the “pending humanitarian catastrophe in Kosovo should be a focal point…Read More
28. Jun Delivers Speech at UN – Vienna
28. Jun’s delegation saw part of their speech about the escalating humanitarian situation in Kosovo cut short at the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime in Vienna on Friday. Tamara Pavlovic and Mia Milanovic were scheduled to address the UN’s Commission on Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice on behalf of the humanitarian organization. After…Read More