28. Jun Represents Serbia @ The UN in Geneva and London
28. Jun participated at the UNGA Preparatory Process Global Compact for Migration at the United Nations Office in Geneva and the Aid & Trade Conference in London last week. In Geneva we met with H.E. Mr. Juan José Gómez Camacho, Permanent Representative of Mexico to the United Nations and H.E. Mr. Jürg Lauber, Permanent Representative…Read More
28. Jun to Hold Events on Every Continent
28. Jun will hold events on every continent over the next several months to celebrate our 5th year anniversary. The first took place in Shenzhen, China and the second in Perth, Australia last weekend and was attended by over 1000 people! With Australia and Asia now complete we will hold events in Europe (London) and…Read More
Serbian Embassy in Canada Nominates 28. Jun for ‘Majka Srbija’ Award
28. Jun Coordinator Aleksandar Golijanin met with Serbian Ambassador to Canada Mihailo Papazoglu in Ottawa last week to discuss strengthening ties between Serbia and the Diaspora. At the request of Dr. Ljiljana Niksic, Head of the Department for Diaspora in the Serbian Foreign Ministry, the embassy nominated 28. Jun for the ‘Majka Srbija’ Award; the…Read More
Hristos Voskrese! Our Most Successful Easter Humanitarian Project Ever!
We donated computers to the Cultural Center in Leskovac which serves youths, pensioners and people with disabilities who don’t have access to internet at home and to Elementary School ‘Zivko Tomic’ in the village of Shatornja near Topola. Additionally, we donated over $5000, and helped raise tens of thousands more, to our most recent five…Read More
Computer Delivery to Elementary School ‘Zivko Tomic’
28. Jun in partnership with Alfa University, made a donation to Elementary School ‘Zivko Tomic’ in the village of Shatornja near Topola. 28. Jun member Angelina Djordjevic, whose family is from the town, presented the students with 5 computers and a projector. We were very happy with the delivery and will look to expand our…Read More
We did it! Computers delivered to kids in Kosovo!
Thanks to your support and a generous donation from Alfa University we successfully donated a computer lab to Elementary School ‘Braca Aksic’ in the village of Staro Gracko, Kosovo and Metohija! The delivery took place yesterday, we purposely gave conflicting dates on when the donation would occur to avoid any interference from Albanian authorities who…Read More
Novak Djokovic, Zdravko Kuzmanovic receive awards for Humanitarian work
Marina and her husband, former Serbia national team player, Zdravko Kuzmanovic received the final of five humanitarian awards celebrating the 5th anniversary since 28. Jun was founded to assist underprivileged Serbs throughout the Balkans. They were honored for their contribution to 28. Jun’s humanitarian project in Republika Srpska in 2013. Previously, Jelena and Novak Djokovic…Read More
Kusturica hosted Jasenovac exhibit TODAY in New York!
International humanitarian organization 28. Jun is partnering with the Foreign Ministry of Serbia, the Jasenovac Research Institute, the Shem Olam Institute (Israel) and the Andric Institute to present an exhibition and conference on the Jasenovac Death Camps entitled ‘Hidden Holocaust’. The largest event of its kind on American soil, it will mark 75 years since…Read More
A look back at our first 5 years!
28. Jun: A look back on what we achieved TOGETHER in our first 5 years… 2011 October – 28. Jun launches first humanitarian project ‘Boj za Kosovo’ to raise funds for the Health Center Gracanica in Kosovo, Serbia. 2012 June – 28. Jun announces the arrival of $1.5M worth of aid to Gracanica, Kosovo, Serbia…Read More
Success! We saved 5 Families!
Together we delivered! 13-year old Nemanja Leontijevic from the village of Kozuar successfully completed chemotherapy, our volunteers visited him and his family and delivered much needed winter clothes, winter boots, several months supply of Aronia juice to help with his recovery, Christmas presents for his siblings and money to help his parents with bills. Aleksandar…Read More