Thank You To Our Supporters & Church
I, Filip Filipi founded 28. Jun 5 years ago because there was no other Serbian humanitarian organization around in the diaspora which I could have joined. Everyone told me I was crazy because our people are impossible to unite. Everyone was wrong. Here is what we have done over the past 5 years: We managed to acquire 170 tons…Read More
28. Jun Makes 5 Humanitarian Deliveries on Vidovdan!
Serbian humanitarian organization 28. Jun made 5 humanitarian deliveries to Gracanica, Nevesinje, Kistanje, Obrenovac and Bojnik on Vidovdan 2016. 28. Jun Central Europe coordinator Tamara Hadzi-Pavlovic and Nikola Stanisic delivered a baby stroller for twins, food, and house needs to Kosara hero Novica Spasic and his family in Bojnik, Southern Serbia. They then visited the house of the Gagic…Read More
28. Jun Visits Gracanica and Nis Medical Centers, Pledges Support
A 28. Jun delegation lead by President Filip Filipi Jankovic visited the Health Center in Gracanica and the Clinical Center in Nis and promised continued humanitarian assistance to Serbia’s impoverished south. Filipi Jankovic inspected how the aid, valued at over $2 mil, delivered in 2012 and 2013 was being utilized. The team also met with Dr. Zoran Radovanovic, director of the Clinical Center Nis and…Read More
28. Jun Chairs Youth Forum at Serbian Summit in Zurich
28. Jun had the honor of heading the Youth Forum at the first ever Serbian Summit in Zurich, Switzerland this past weekend. The event was conducted under the auspices of the Serbian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Chamber of Commerce with business magnate Rebecca MacDonald as honorary chair. The forum was first of its…Read More
28. Jun Meets United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-moon
28. Jun presented at the UN’s first ever World Humanitarian Summit in Istanbul on May 23-24. We feel extremely lucky to have had 3 spots out of 2000 people invited, in a list which included UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon, Angela Merkel, the presidents, ministers and ambassadors of over 150 countries and the leaders of every…Read More
To our wonderful supporters: As many of you have heard, the Serbian Orthodox Cathedral of St. Sava in Manhattan was completely destroyed by fire on Orthodox Easter. The Church was a New York City landmark for generations; it hosted Nikola Tesla’s funeral service in 1943 and was visited by Patriarch Pavle in 1992. We at…Read More
28. Jun Helps 3 Families for Easter!
Our humanitarian campaign allowed for us to help the Stoijlković family (Radislav & Danijela, along with the children Anita, 22 & Nenad 13) by purchasing much needed food for them as well as desperately needed materials required for making their roof, which as you may remember was lost during a house fire. We were able…Read More
URGENT: New Floods Hit Serbia!
New floods have struck Serbia, putting lives, homes and churches at risk. Hundreds of people had to evacuate their homes, while hundreds of houses remained under threat, police said. In several villages and towns, entire areas have been left without electricity or water. This is the worst flooding Serbia has seen since the historically devastating…Read More
28. Jun Completes Holiday Deliveries, Makes ‘Help Serbian Families’ Monthly Project
After the incredible public response to helping the Djergovic family buy a new home this Holiday season, 28. Jun launched the ‘Help Serbian Families’ project. With the deliveries to the maternity ward in Kosovska Mitrovica and a donation to the Church of St. Elijah in Podujevo, along with the donation to the Bogavac family in…Read More
28. Jun Assists Children Who Lost Their Mother
28. Jun seldom donates to individuals, as our main focus has been donating to hospitals, Churches, orphanages, shelters for women and centers for the disabled. However, when our members in the field encounter extraordinary situations we have made exceptions. Yesterday, several long-time 28. Jun members brought up the case of Jovan and Predrag Djergovic from…Read More