Christmas Project in Full Swing: Huge Delivery to Kursumlija!
With YOUR help we were able to deliver Christmas gifts to 730 kids in Kursumlija and the surrounding villages yesterday! We delivered to two kindergartens and and a pre-school, with every child under the age of 10 in the municipality receiving a present. Kursumlija is one of the poorest towns in Serbia, and we were…Read More
28. Jun Breaks Blockade With Humanitarian Delivery to Kosovo!
28. Jun today became the first Serbian humanitarian organization to circumnavigate the blockade imposed by Kosovo authorities on food imports from Serbia. A truck filled with emergency food supplies sent by 28. Jun’s branch in Montenegro arrived to Kosovo today, where it was received by local 28. Jun members who immediately began to give out…Read More
28. Jun Holds Events on Every Continent
Humanitarian organization 28. Jun wrapped up a week of global Christmas fundraisers with events on each continent. As part of their ‘Dogodine u Prizrenu’ project, 28. Jun members held events in Toronto, Melbourne, Zurich, Johannesburg, Buenos Aires and Doha. The project received support from the Diaspora office of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Serbia…Read More
28. Jun Again Raises Kosovo Injustice at UN
28. Jun again raised the issue of discriminatory policies against Kosovo Serbs at the UN, this time at the United Nations Headquarters in New York. At a townhall planning session for the 68th United Nations Civil Society Conference, 28. Jun’s Masha Calic stated that the “pending humanitarian catastrophe in Kosovo should be a focal point…Read More
28. Jun Delivers Speech at UN – Vienna
28. Jun’s delegation saw part of their speech about the escalating humanitarian situation in Kosovo cut short at the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime in Vienna on Friday. Tamara Pavlovic and Mia Milanovic were scheduled to address the UN’s Commission on Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice on behalf of the humanitarian organization. After…Read More
VICTORY! Dogodine U Prizrenu
28. Jun members delivered a powerful speech at the United Nations in Geneva today decrying the gross violation of human rights endured by Serbs in Kosovo and Metohija. The Human Rights Council’s 11th Session of Forum on Minority Issues panel stood silent as 28. Jun’s Director for Central Europe, Saveta Tomovic, unleashed a blistering speech…Read More
Dogodine U Prizrenu
Exactly 7 years to the day after the 28. Jun movement was born with our ‘Boj za Kosovo’ project which resulted in the delivery of $1.5M worth of medical aid to Serbs in Gracanica and a global awareness campaign, we again turn our focus to KiM with an even more ambitious project; ‘Dogodine u Prizrenu’….Read More
28. Jun Delegations visit UN in New York, Geneva and Vienna
28. Jun delegations made their first official visits to the United Nations in New York, Geneva and Vienna since the organization was granted Special Consultative Status with the UN’s Economic and Social Council. The accreditation allows 28. Jun to send up to 30 representatives to attend international conferences where they can make written and oral…Read More
28. Jun Successfully Completes Youth Sports Project
This past Easter 28. Jun began our ‘Right To Play’ project to help overcome financial obstacles preventing some Serbian children from participating in organized sport. We are happy to announce that we have successfully concluded the project for 2018 with 3 successful deliveries to Dubica, Gracanica and Bor. In May we delivered new training equipment…Read More
Free Giveaway Contest to Celebrate New 28. Jun Online Store!
Dear Friends, To celebrate the opening of our new online store this week we will be giving away free bracelets, hats, shirts and much more! Step 1. Like the 28. Jun Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/28jun Step 2. On the page click ‘Invite Friends’ then ‘Select All’ and finally ‘Send Invitations’ at the bottom Step 3. Also…Read More