Kusturica hosted Jasenovac exhibit TODAY in New York!
International humanitarian organization 28. Jun is partnering with the Foreign Ministry of Serbia, the Jasenovac Research Institute, the Shem Olam Institute (Israel) and the Andric Institute to present an exhibition and conference on the Jasenovac Death Camps entitled ‘Hidden Holocaust’. The largest event of its kind on American soil, it will mark 75 years since…Read More
A look back at our first 5 years!
28. Jun: A look back on what we achieved TOGETHER in our first 5 years… 2011 October – 28. Jun launches first humanitarian project ‘Boj za Kosovo’ to raise funds for the Health Center Gracanica in Kosovo, Serbia. 2012 June – 28. Jun announces the arrival of $1.5M worth of aid to Gracanica, Kosovo, Serbia…Read More
Success! We saved 5 Families!
Together we delivered! 13-year old Nemanja Leontijevic from the village of Kozuar successfully completed chemotherapy, our volunteers visited him and his family and delivered much needed winter clothes, winter boots, several months supply of Aronia juice to help with his recovery, Christmas presents for his siblings and money to help his parents with bills. Aleksandar…Read More
We Delivered to Little Iva and Marko!
Humanitarian organization 28. Jun made two deliveries this past week! Our coordinator for Germany, Ljiljana Zivanovic, visited little Iva Bijelic from Herceg Novi who suffers from a rare form of cancer and delivered our donation to her family in Stuttgart where she is receiving treatment. While our coordinator for Republika Srpska, Aleksandar Ljuboja, delivered our…Read More
28. Jun Presents Djokovic with Award
International humanitarian organization, 28. Jun, presented Jelena and Novak Djokovic with a 5th anniversary award at the Djokovic Foundation’s Giorgio Armani hosted gala in Milan last night. It recognized Djokovic’s support of 28. Jun’s maiden humanitarian project ‘Boj za Kosovo’ in 2011. The project turned out to be a huge success and $1.5 mil of humanitarian aid…Read More
Serbian Ethno Village Video Everyone is Talking About!
Film maker and 28. Jun coordinator for the UK, Marko Randjelovic, has released a short documentary titled ‘Selo‘ (village). The largest Serbian Diaspora organization is supporting the video as part of their ‘Serbian Heritage Revival‘ project, to promote traditional Serbian family values through the arts and counter the degradation of Serbian culture in the mainstream media….Read More
28. Jun holds 300th Event, Passes 250,000 Fans on Facebook!
International humanitarian organization, 28. Jun, reached two significant milestones this week! On Friday, we held our 300th event since our formation in 2011, it took place in Chicago and we were extremely happy with the turnout and community support. 28. Jun members have worked tirelessly holding fundraisers and awareness events in over 120 cities across 30 countries…Read More
28. Jun Joins Emir Kusturia for Hidden Holocaust Project
28. Jun, the largest Serbian diaspora organization, will be responsible for the marketing and branding of an Emir Kusturica-backed exhibition about Jasenovac entitled ‘Hidden Holocaust’. As reported in the Serbian and Russian media, the art exhibit will be held at the United Nations in New York on Holocaust Remembrance Day which falls on April 23, 2017. 28. Jun will…Read More
28. Jun Leads ‘Oluja’ Protest March in Belgrade
28. Jun lead the march to protest to mark the 21st anniversary since the expulsion of 250,000 Serbs from Croatia during ‘Operation Storm’. The organization was on the cover of Novosti. Video of march can be seen here: https://www.facebook.com/28jun/videos/1469336213133185/Read More
Duden Changes Their Dictionary Definition
Exactly one week after 28. Jun petitioned Duden, the leading dictionary in the German language, to change their definition of ‘Ustasa‘ from ‘freedom fighter’ to ‘genocidal fascist’ they have made the change! The online edition has already been updated and we received an email from Duden saying all future print version will also have the new definition. Additionally, Duden…Read More