Children’s Christmas Project in Kosovo Successfully Completed
With your support we successfully delivered Christmas presents to every Serbian child living in the enclaves of Kosovo & Metohija! Our members along with our partners, humanitarian organization 038, made deliveries to Gracanica, Badovac, Susica, Velika Hoca, Orahovac, Osojane, Brestovik, Gorazdevac, Staro Gracko, Suvi Do, Rabovce, Novo Naselje, Kuzmin, Ugljare, Kosovo Polje, Livadje, Laplje Selo,…Read More
28. Jun Kicks off Holiday Humanitarian Projects
Kicking off their holiday humanitarian projects, 28. Jun volunteers delivered urgent relief to two families in Kosovo today. The Stojanovic family from Gracanica received a stove, a washing machine, clothing for their six children, groceries and materials to renovate the facade and insulation in their house. While the Aleksic family from Zvecan received all the…Read More
28. Jun Youth Soccer Team Wins Championship!
Our youth team, ‘FK 28. Jun’, won the championship in their debut appearance at Srbijada last weekend in Chicago. We have previously partnered with the Ministry of Youth and Sport on our ‘Their Future, Our Responsibility’ project to aid vulnerable children in Serbia in 2014.Read More
Successful Delivery to Kosovo!
Last week we visited Strahinja, Mihajlo and Nemanja in Gracanica, 3 brave young boys who lost both their parents to tragic circumstances. Our members delivered everything on the boy’s wish list; smartphones, a tablet, a pool, school supplies and tickets to Belgrade to watch their favorite team, Partizan. Our movement was born 5 ago years…Read More
28. Jun and Alfa University Complete Humanitarian Project in Kragujevac
28. Jun in partnership with Alfa University completed their humanitarian project to equip impoverished Serbian areas with computers with a delivery of 4 desktops to the ‘Retirement Center Kragujevac’. Dr. Vesna Randjelovic, Director of the center, toured the facilities with 28. Jun Coordinator Andjelka Popov who commented; “the visit was a great experience and the…Read More
Celebrities Help 28. Jun with Big Vidovdan Donation!
In keeping with their Vidovdan tradition, humanitarian organization 28. Jun today announced a significant donation, this time assisted by Serbian celebrities. Ceca Raznatovic, Vlado Georgiev, Emina Jahovic, Beli, Milica Pavlovic, Milica Dabovic, Bo Krsmanovic and many others supported their project to help orphanages and centers for the disabled. Per usual, 28. Jun donated to Serbian…Read More
28. Jun Represents Serbia @ The UN in Geneva and London
28. Jun participated at the UNGA Preparatory Process Global Compact for Migration at the United Nations Office in Geneva and the Aid & Trade Conference in London last week. In Geneva we met with H.E. Mr. Juan José Gómez Camacho, Permanent Representative of Mexico to the United Nations and H.E. Mr. Jürg Lauber, Permanent Representative…Read More
28. Jun to Hold Events on Every Continent
28. Jun will hold events on every continent over the next several months to celebrate our 5th year anniversary. The first took place in Shenzhen, China and the second in Perth, Australia last weekend and was attended by over 1000 people! With Australia and Asia now complete we will hold events in Europe (London) and…Read More
Serbian Embassy in Canada Nominates 28. Jun for ‘Majka Srbija’ Award
28. Jun Coordinator Aleksandar Golijanin met with Serbian Ambassador to Canada Mihailo Papazoglu in Ottawa last week to discuss strengthening ties between Serbia and the Diaspora. At the request of Dr. Ljiljana Niksic, Head of the Department for Diaspora in the Serbian Foreign Ministry, the embassy nominated 28. Jun for the ‘Majka Srbija’ Award; the…Read More
Hristos Voskrese! Our Most Successful Easter Humanitarian Project Ever!
We donated computers to the Cultural Center in Leskovac which serves youths, pensioners and people with disabilities who don’t have access to internet at home and to Elementary School ‘Zivko Tomic’ in the village of Shatornja near Topola. Additionally, we donated over $5000, and helped raise tens of thousands more, to our most recent five…Read More