28. Jun holds 300th Event, Passes 250,000 Fans on Facebook!
International humanitarian organization, 28. Jun, reached two significant milestones this week! On Friday, we held our 300th event since our formation in 2011, it took place in Chicago and we were extremely happy with the turnout and community support. 28. Jun members have worked tirelessly holding fundraisers and awareness events in over 120 cities across 30 countries…Read More
28. Jun Joins Emir Kusturia for Hidden Holocaust Project
28. Jun, the largest Serbian diaspora organization, will be responsible for the marketing and branding of an Emir Kusturica-backed exhibition about Jasenovac entitled ‘Hidden Holocaust’. As reported in the Serbian and Russian media, the art exhibit will be held at the United Nations in New York on Holocaust Remembrance Day which falls on April 23, 2017. 28. Jun will…Read More
28. Jun Leads ‘Oluja’ Protest March in Belgrade
28. Jun lead the march to protest to mark the 21st anniversary since the expulsion of 250,000 Serbs from Croatia during ‘Operation Storm’. The organization was on the cover of Novosti. Video of march can be seen here: https://www.facebook.com/28jun/videos/1469336213133185/Read More
Duden Changes Their Dictionary Definition
Exactly one week after 28. Jun petitioned Duden, the leading dictionary in the German language, to change their definition of ‘Ustasa‘ from ‘freedom fighter’ to ‘genocidal fascist’ they have made the change! The online edition has already been updated and we received an email from Duden saying all future print version will also have the new definition. Additionally, Duden…Read More
We Delivered to Little Nenad!
Today we made a visit to the Institute for Mother and Child where we made a donation directly to Nenad’s mom, Danijela. They were both in good spirits and very optimistic they will raise the funds to pay for Nenad’s critical operation in France. We want to thank everyone who contributed, especially Dnevna Doza Lepog. We will…Read More
28. Jun & The Karic Foundation Announce Serbian Cultural Restoration Project
28. Jun and the Karic Foundation today announced a multi-year, Serbian cultural restoration project called ‘Serbian Heritage Revival’. 28. Jun kicked off the project with monetary donations to Serbian Churches and Monasteries in Gracanica, Berane, Kistanje, Glamoc, Treskavac and New York City. Long term sub-projects to support the monasteries in Zica, Pec and Krka are also under way. Additionally the two organizations…Read More
28. Jun Honored For 5 Years of Humanitarian Work
Watch 28. Jun accept our award for 5 years of humanitarian work from the Tesla Science Foundation/Office for Diaspora on: https://www.facebook.com/28jun/videos/1441140082619465/Read More
Thank You To Our Supporters & Church
I, Filip Filipi founded 28. Jun 5 years ago because there was no other Serbian humanitarian organization around in the diaspora which I could have joined. Everyone told me I was crazy because our people are impossible to unite. Everyone was wrong. Here is what we have done over the past 5 years: We managed to acquire 170 tons…Read More
28. Jun Makes 5 Humanitarian Deliveries on Vidovdan!
Serbian humanitarian organization 28. Jun made 5 humanitarian deliveries to Gracanica, Nevesinje, Kistanje, Obrenovac and Bojnik on Vidovdan 2016. 28. Jun Central Europe coordinator Tamara Hadzi-Pavlovic and Nikola Stanisic delivered a baby stroller for twins, food, and house needs to Kosara hero Novica Spasic and his family in Bojnik, Southern Serbia. They then visited the house of the Gagic…Read More
28. Jun Visits Gracanica and Nis Medical Centers, Pledges Support
A 28. Jun delegation lead by President Filip Filipi Jankovic visited the Health Center in Gracanica and the Clinical Center in Nis and promised continued humanitarian assistance to Serbia’s impoverished south. Filipi Jankovic inspected how the aid, valued at over $2 mil, delivered in 2012 and 2013 was being utilized. The team also met with Dr. Zoran Radovanovic, director of the Clinical Center Nis and…Read More