We Delivered to Little Iva and Marko!
Humanitarian organization 28. Jun made two deliveries this past week! Our coordinator for Germany, Ljiljana Zivanovic, visited little Iva Bijelic from Herceg Novi who suffers from a rare form of cancer and delivered our donation to her family in Stuttgart where she is receiving treatment. While our coordinator for Republika Srpska, Aleksandar Ljuboja, delivered our…Read More
28. Jun Presents Djokovic with Award
International humanitarian organization, 28. Jun, presented Jelena and Novak Djokovic with a 5th anniversary award at the Djokovic Foundation’s Giorgio Armani hosted gala in Milan last night. It recognized Djokovic’s support of 28. Jun’s maiden humanitarian project ‘Boj za Kosovo’ in 2011. The project turned out to be a huge success and $1.5 mil of humanitarian aid…Read More
Serbian Ethno Village Video Everyone is Talking About!
Film maker and 28. Jun coordinator for the UK, Marko Randjelovic, has released a short documentary titled ‘Selo‘ (village). The largest Serbian Diaspora organization is supporting the video as part of their ‘Serbian Heritage Revival‘ project, to promote traditional Serbian family values through the arts and counter the degradation of Serbian culture in the mainstream media….Read More
28. Jun holds 300th Event, Passes 250,000 Fans on Facebook!
International humanitarian organization, 28. Jun, reached two significant milestones this week! On Friday, we held our 300th event since our formation in 2011, it took place in Chicago and we were extremely happy with the turnout and community support. 28. Jun members have worked tirelessly holding fundraisers and awareness events in over 120 cities across 30 countries…Read More
28. Jun Joins Emir Kusturia for Hidden Holocaust Project
28. Jun, the largest Serbian diaspora organization, will be responsible for the marketing and branding of an Emir Kusturica-backed exhibition about Jasenovac entitled ‘Hidden Holocaust’. As reported in the Serbian and Russian media, the art exhibit will be held at the United Nations in New York on Holocaust Remembrance Day which falls on April 23, 2017. 28. Jun will…Read More
28. Jun Leads ‘Oluja’ Protest March in Belgrade
28. Jun lead the march to protest to mark the 21st anniversary since the expulsion of 250,000 Serbs from Croatia during ‘Operation Storm’. The organization was on the cover of Novosti. Video of march can be seen here: https://www.facebook.com/28jun/videos/1469336213133185/Read More
Duden Changes Their Dictionary Definition
Exactly one week after 28. Jun petitioned Duden, the leading dictionary in the German language, to change their definition of ‘Ustasa‘ from ‘freedom fighter’ to ‘genocidal fascist’ they have made the change! The online edition has already been updated and we received an email from Duden saying all future print version will also have the new definition. Additionally, Duden…Read More
We Delivered to Little Nenad!
Today we made a visit to the Institute for Mother and Child where we made a donation directly to Nenad’s mom, Danijela. They were both in good spirits and very optimistic they will raise the funds to pay for Nenad’s critical operation in France. We want to thank everyone who contributed, especially Dnevna Doza Lepog. We will…Read More
28. Jun & The Karic Foundation Announce Serbian Cultural Restoration Project
28. Jun and the Karic Foundation today announced a multi-year, Serbian cultural restoration project called ‘Serbian Heritage Revival’. 28. Jun kicked off the project with monetary donations to Serbian Churches and Monasteries in Gracanica, Berane, Kistanje, Glamoc, Treskavac and New York City. Long term sub-projects to support the monasteries in Zica, Pec and Krka are also under way. Additionally the two organizations…Read More
28. Jun Honored For 5 Years of Humanitarian Work
Watch 28. Jun accept our award for 5 years of humanitarian work from the Tesla Science Foundation/Office for Diaspora on: https://www.facebook.com/28jun/videos/1441140082619465/Read More