28. Jun Continues Fight at UN’s Climate Summit
The UN’s Youth Climate Summit provided a platform for young leaders to showcase their solutions and meaningfully engage with decision-makers. The event took place as a lead up to the UN Secretary-General’s Climate Action Summit and the United Nations General Assembly this week. 28. Jun’s Nicole Vicentic had the honor of attending and sharing perspectives…Read More
Post Malone’s DJ Helps Deliver Aid to Serbia
Jeffrey “Smitty” Smith, the DJ of international superstar Post Malone was honored in Vancouver, Canada for his contributions to humanitarian work in Serbia. He was presented with the ‘Humanitarian of the Year Award’ for 2019 from 28. Jun, one of the leading philanthropic organizations operating in the Western Balkans. 28. Jun President Filip Filipi thanked…Read More
Back to School Project Successfully Completed!
The beginning of the school year carries with it significant expenditures for parents, with that in mind the aim of our action was to help families with severe financial problems so that the children could begin the new school year without added stress. Throughout the year, we receive a large number of requests from parents…Read More
28. Jun Septennial Report 2012-2019
As adolescents in 2011, we watched the unfair treatment of people peacefully protesting for access to basic needs— food, medical facilities, justice— and decided to use our privileged positions to join their brave fight. On July 31, 2012 our spontaneous, student-led movement to make this world a little easier for communities in need, took a…Read More
Serbian Professional Development Society
Serbian Professional Development Society Networking. Mentorship. Collaboration. We’ve managed to create the biggest network of Serbs in the world and our first project is to make sure we connect these people in a meaningful way! This is why 28. Jun is launching the ‘Serbian Professional Development Society’ as a subsection of our LinkedIn group under…Read More
1.3 Million Serbs…
We are extremely proud to announce that on Vidovdan, the day our organization is named after, we have surpassed 1.3 Million subscribers on our mailing list. This weekend in Niagara Falls we will kick off a month of celebrations marking 7 years since our first humanitarian delivery and 7 years since 28. Jun was incorporated…Read More
28. Jun Attends World Conference of Ministers Responsible for Youth 2019
28. Jun Relations Manager Selena Despotovic had a very productive weekend at the World Conference of Ministers Responsible for Youth 2019 in Lisbon, Portugal. She met with Jayathma Wickramanayake, the United Nations Secretary-General’s Envoy on Youth, the UNESCO delegation as well as the Portuguese Minister of Education Tiago Brandão Rodrigues. The World Conference of Ministers…Read More
Krajina Živi Project Begins!
The most dire situation Serbs face in the Western Balkans is in Croatia. This is why 28. Jun will undertake a major project to protect Serbian cultural heritage and offer humanitarian and economic assistance to Serbs living in Croatia.Read More
28. Jun is seeking new members!
28. Jun, the only humanitarian organization from the Western Balkans in Special Consultative Status with the United Nations, is seeking new members for multiple positions as we continue our expansion. Our ideal candidate is someone with a personal commitment to serve society at a local and global level and a desire to channel their skill…Read More
Serbs For Good
We are embarking on an ambitious project to build a global network united in preserving cultural heritage, sharing humanitarian responsibility and supporting the region in times of crisis. Serbian unity begins with you. Sign up on our mailing list and follow us on our social media Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube Sign up…Read More